Key Account Representative - Vernon, CA
We are adding a Key Account Representative to our team in Vernon, CA.
This person will be responsible for handling produce key accounts sales by identifying current and future commodity market FOB, negotiating customer pricing and orders, anticipating customer needs, managing sales margins and expanding new customer base, while providing superior customer service.
- Responsible to meet/exceed established targets for sales, category growth and gross margin with assigned customer list.
- Monitor current and anticipated future market price ceilings/\floors for all commodities.
Manage and grow existing key customer accounts:
- Accept customer orders; ensure orders are entered and recorded accurately by Sales Support staff.
- Ensure customers receive timely and accurate information on product availability, quality and market price.
- Negotiate pricing with key customers per order.
- Negotiate commodity programs with customers to secure long term sales.
- Negotiate credit requests\problem arrivals per policy; monitor history and report results.
- Facilitate customer meetings and presentations.
- Business Development: Identify, qualify and facilitate meetings for potential new customers.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Logistics to arrange moving rejected product.
- Forecast customer purchases in accordance with the commodity management program process.
- Collaborate with the grower settlement department in closing open trouble and price after sale files.
- Suggest substitutions to customers for items ordered that are unavailable or otherwise unacceptable; encourage customers to purchase maximum possible amount of product conducive to their business.
- Respond to customer phone inquiries and ensure that customer comments, problems, complaints and requests are resolved and/or forwarded to the appropriate individual(s) in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Visit customers as necessary. Conduct customer business reviews.
- Attend and actively participate in trade shows; execute follow-up.
- Committed focus to on-going, continuous learning to improve sales skills/techniques and facilitate improved sales per customer. Coordinate sales activities with Quality Control, Transportation, Accounting and Supply Chain to ensure customer satisfaction on all levels.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with HACCP and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
- Follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Pacific Organic Recall Plan.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in an ethical manner and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Associates degree or equivalent training and experience.
- 3-5 years’ sales/account management experience with minimum 3 years’ experience of documented ability to achieve new business development revenue objective within a perishable food industry required; organics preferred.
- Competent with MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel and Word; PowerPoint a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to conceptualize markets and anticipate changes.
- Ability to drive new business and close sales.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced, driven sales team environment.
- Able to develop and maintain effective, positive internal/external working relationships with a diverse group of individuals; a team player.
- Ability to be comfortable in a highly open, dynamic and collaborative work environment.
- Reliable and highly motivated team player.
- Excellent customer service standards and related philosophy.
- Proactive with excellent follow-through.
- Ability to present complex topics in an engaging manner to business professionals at all levels of an organization individually or in a group setting.
- Strong interpersonal, telephone/oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable making group / corporate presentations.
- Competent to learn and develop new sales skills and techniques; adaptable and open to new ideas and learning.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task with ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines while accomplishing team objectives.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment.
- Good problem solver; able to resolve issues appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook; competent to learn and adapt to new computer applications, system upgrades and other technology as necessary.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.