Dealer Technical Support Representative
AgTech Industries is a technology company with roots in production agriculture. Our products were built to enable farmers to grow more efficiently through the ability to remotely monitor and control the environment and status of their crops. With these new tools, we strive to help increase productivity and sustainability as the world population grows. We are currently seeking motivated individuals to join our growing team and support our customers in the position of Technical Field Support Representative.
We pride ourselves on our dedication to support local dealers and are looking for a team member who is excited to embrace our vision and wants the opportunity to advance as we continue to grow. This position will provide technical support and training for our regional sales teams, independent dealers, and growers. This support will comprise of training and/or trouble shooting the following processes; new product releases, installations, new sensor or control integration, low voltage electrical, reading / understanding growing data and cause / effect of growing situations and irrigation systems.
Although our headquarters is in Salinas, this position can be home based preferably in Central California as you would be supporting customers primarily in California, but also across the west coast as well as the South / Central US.
The ideal candidate for this position will have basic construction and mechanic skills. This person will be responsible for installing the systems after the sale is complete.
- 3+ years of field service experience on electronics and/or radio frequency.
- Basic mechanical or construction skills
- Agriculture experience
- Customer or technical support
- Solid proficiencies with information technology systems comprised of personal computer hardware, Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office Professional, and network topologies.
- Low-voltage systems installation / repair experience.
- Ability to use standard test equipment including multimeters, analyzers and programmers.
- Hands-on training on electronics and/or computer hardware and network topologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work with difficult customers and provide excellent customer service.
- Strong problem solving, organizational and project management skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as work instructions.
- Valid driver license and clean driving record.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be on after-hours rotational call to provide telephone assistance as well as emergency response to a property.
This position will require frequent travel. Travel is mostly located within a multi-state region but will occasionally include travel throughout the United States. International travel may also be required. Travel is anticipated to be approximately 80%. Salary is negotiable depending on qualification and prior experience. Work truck, computer, phone and other necessary tools will be provided.
- Create, prioritize, and manage your own schedule.
- Enjoy teaching others.
- Embrace the ability to turn a technical problem into a simple explanation.
- Fluent using todays technologies (smart phone, tablets, computers etc).
- Proficient in multiple OS and Application software including Microsoft Office.
- Be able to efficiently utilize basic hand and power tools (auger, drill, solder etc).
- Build customer relations while remaining personable
- Excellent phone skills.
- Quick learner.
- Flexible schedule to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Have a good driving record.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.